1st Shift: Monday-Friday
6:00 am – 2:30 pm
If you enjoy working with your hands and have satisfaction in seeing a product assembled from start to finish, this position will be of interest to you! Our conveyors are built to order (BTO) depending on our customer’s application and the environment it will be located in. Employees work in a team environment and rotate jobs within the product line they are assigned. Some of the rotations will include: operating CNC aluminum saws, drill presses, CNC mills, routers & other hand tools. You may also be asked to crate our products or package product for parcel freight shipments, as well as perform pick/pack/ship functions for domestic freight shipments. In time you will learn how to assemble build to order (BTO) and engineered to order (ETO) conveyors, perhaps assemble electrical kits or test basic motors and controllers. Every day is a different day!
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably light assembly.
- May perform other work, such as CNC sawing, milling, packaging product for shipment (i.e. building crates), etc.
- Basic math, measuring and blueprint reading skills.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of Epicor software is a definite plus.
- Experience in a team-oriented structure and is a team player.
- Possesses customer-focused attitude (internal and external customers).
- Practices safe work habits and adheres to safety policies.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Asks questions
- Participates in group discussions
- Will be evaluated at Dorner for:
- Attendance & punctuality
- Display of initiative
- Strength of work ethic